Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Tuesay night - 12 x 400

Bit of a battle to get to Kensington tonight - conference call went over time, train was in no hurry to get to Central, just missed the bus I need and it was a fair old wait for the next one, so I was only able to get a 2k 10 min warm up.

Legs were quite stiff after last night's little effort and I was dreading tonight's session. We lined up after some half-hearted drills, Sean placing emphasis on short recoveries with decent paced jogs....yeah, right...

Down to business:
1 18
1 25
1 21
1 20
1 19
1 20
1 21
1 21
1 22
1 23
1 24
1 23

The humidity seemed to climb through the session and I slipped the top off for the last three reps. Just like Monday night, the increase in humidity was a precursor to rain, which started halfway around the last rep.

Blow out on the second rep was after I missed the restart - Sean wasn't mucking around with the quick turnarounds! I was in dreadful trouble after the eight rep and if I'd been by myself I would have stopped. Good to get through, and only blow out a little bit - interesting looking through to the last time I did a purely 400 session back in March. Ave time tonight was 1:21.4 across 12 reps on damp ground, versus 1:23.8 across 8 on dry ground, so I've made some progress.

Had an interesting little chat with Sean and another guy who was running around me in the first 7 reps (on his way back from injury) about technique, and he made the comment that my stride length was about right, although I could do with leaning forward a touch more to bring the hamstrings into play. I certainly feel it has changed quite a lot in the last two month, so it was nice to get some feedback.

Finished off with 2k, again in 10 minutes. The rain had pretty well finished up by this stage. Would have preferred the reps to have been closer together in time, and faster at the end, but I was just glad to get through and get a benchmark set. Positive session.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home