Saturday, June 25, 2005

CR 5k Challenge


Well, challenge to run 20 minutes - and I ran 19:59, so that was pleasing.

Dropped EliseS at the Rowers before taking the car down to Timbrell, and running the 2.87km back in 13:47 as a warm-up. Felt like junk. It was cold, with rain threatening, with a touch of breeze.

Caught up with the usual suspects, with Blue Dog marshalling the starters. I ran with the 20 minute crowd, which included Redback, gnscon, Miss Skarmel (who started with the 21 min group, but forgot to start her watch) and Professor.

Got through the first km in 3:50, and the guys were pretty well already gone. I stayed with Miss S through to about 3.5km where she was starting to drop back (we were 6 seconds behind schedule at 3km). 16:10 through 4 meant a little hustle through the last kilometre and I pushed Li'l Elf home in the last 100 metres or so to pretty well nail my target at 19:59.

Felt very comfortable at 4 min/k pace and was not aerobically challenged.

Jogged 2.28km back to the car in 13:40. Sadly, we had to miss out on pancakes as our schedule was rather tight - apologies to Tiger Angel, who I was with mid-conversation with when I diverted off.

1 Comments:

At 1:52 PM, Blogger TA and the Gnome said...

No worries Craig. I'm sure there'll be a next time somewhere.

TA

 

Post a Comment

<< Home