Thursday, June 23, 2005

Back on track - and a good night to prove your faith, too

Lost Wednesday with the remnants of the aforementioned migraine - I was just washed out and still very 'headachey' - so neither ran nor went into work.

Felt better this morning, although the mooted 5km system check in the morning withered in the face of a particularly cold morning and a need to sleep. I had the car, but noted the evening's activities as provisional, depending on how I felt during the day.

I did improve over the course of the day (a rare thing at work), and made my mind up around lunchtime to attend the evening session.

Arrived at Centennial Park a little before 6pm to a temperature of around 10-11 degrees and a bit of a breeze. Got through an initially cautious 4.1 km in 19:29, feeling better as I went along. We went through the usual strides and warm up before starting.

Again I was through the first lap too hard, repeating my 3:35 from the second session. I was at least able to keep the session under 19 mins for the 5k (18:57), but it's bit frustrating to fall into the same damn trap again. Laps went 3:35, 3:45, 3:48, 3:53 and 3:56, suffering particularly down the long 'fast' section along Robertson Road where I always seem to battle. Thinking on it, I need to do the first three at 3:45 (which the times suggest wouldn't be a problem) and then see how I'm placed for the last two. Still, picked up 17 seconds on the last time I did this session, and I'm no longer really banging out the 'rest' sections so it would suggest the pace on the fast sections is improved.

Cruised a 4.02k in 20:55 to finish, chatting with Mohammed. It of course proceeded to bucket down in the last lap and a half. Gotta love outdoor sports...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home