Thursday, June 16, 2005

A cool Thursday night for shorter Fartlek

Usual battle with public transport and I arrived at Centennial Park a touch before 6pm. Got changed and worked my way through a 4k warm up in 19:47.

Stretches and strides were done, and while going through sprint warm-ups and yacking with Lyn, we accidentally bumped and she fell quite heavily, giving her head a bit of a knock. Strange thing, I really only felt a light brush and didn't think much of it until I realised she'd fallen. I guess when you start to speed up balance is crucial and a slight miscalculation can see you on the ground in a flash! All this after I mentioned either here or at Coolrunning that she was a RB Harrier, when she's quite proudly a Woodstocker! You should see what I do to people I don't like! Sorry, Lyn, hope you're okay!

That done, we got down to business. It was only three laps tonight, which I knocked off in 3:33, 3:39 and 3:44. Bit disappointed with the last lap, suspect that with the pack of younger blokes who did two laps peeling off leaving me to myself I dozed off on the 'off' sections of the final kilometre, although I thought I pounded out the surge sections well. Oh well, 10:57 for my trouble. Legs feel pretty good as I sit here right now, so it was probably the perfect workout in the lead-up to the 12k at Nowra on Saturday.

Rolled through a gentle 3.08km in 15:19 to finish the evening's work. Just a gentle half hour in the morning, and then to the weekend. Looking forward to Nowra - the road trip aspect will be pretty cool, and my first run as part of a team will be added motivation. Given that four of the team members finished in the top 15 at Lane Cove, the worst of them 1:52 than my big PB, there will be a big battle between MPHaz and myself to avoid being last home.

1 Comments:

At 8:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Forget about MpHaz Vat, your major aim on Saturday will be to stay on track & not get lost!!!!

We are talking running in the bush here so make sure to take the Garmin & set on 'Breadcrumbs' mode ;-)

All the best
Gasher

 

Post a Comment

<< Home