Sunday, June 12, 2005

Sunday STaR - Bobbin Head Revisted - Shortened? Bah!

Up at 5am for another of the Strider upper North Shore STaRs. I tell ya, at 5:30 on a Sunday morning Gladesville really is 20 minutes from everywhere.

Kicked off from Wahroonga Park intending to do two hours. Rather than take the 24k course short cut early, we decided to do the full length course up until the turnaround at the boathouse. Mmmm, this resulted in 29.81km in 2:23:56, the climb back from Bobbin Head taking longer than expected. Still, I had the great company of Vespa and Superflake and it really didn't seem that long as we chatted and solved the problems of the world. Well, our problems, and we didn't really solve them...

After smashing myself up last week, I made a point of taking it bit easier this week, although ironically it wasn't that much slower! Maybe I'm getting fitter, although the terrain in the middle of the run was a bit easier than last week.

106km for the week, much of which seemed to be flavoured with the recovery from last Sunday's effort. Still, a decent race yesterday with some positive comment from my coach, and an enjoyable STaR this morning saw the week end on an upbeat note.

Just an hour tomorrow, and a sleep in! Yay! Happy birthday, Liz, even if it was in April...

1 Comments:

At 3:24 PM, Blogger Superflake said...

Ah yes the short option. Oh well it was an enjoyable run if a little bit fast for me. Couldn't catch my breath after walking up the steps and having a fall. Good company anyway thanks Vat.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home