Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Wednesday - 4:50 per k is the new 5:00 per k

Wednesday, and only an hour called for today. Took full opportunity to sleep in and got up around 6:30.

After stumbling around for about half an hour (I really should pack the night before) I was out the door at about 7. Headed east along Victoria Road, little loop through Huntley's Point and then up Burns Bay Road to Lane Cove, along the Pacific Highway and a little loop around the back of St Leonards to make 12.52km in 1 hour on the dot.

Felt a bit sluggish initially, but once up onto the flat (about 300-400 metres into the run when I take this direction) started to move along okay and was soon wobbling along at around 4:50 per km pace. Pace ended up at 4:47 per km after a bit of a surge along the Pacific Highway section.

Interesting that my base 'plod along' pace has come along - it used to be 5:00 - 5:05 per km, now it's typically under 4:50. Funny how the speed starts to seep through all aspects of your running...

2 Comments:

At 5:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've found I generally tick around at 4:50/k as well. How come I'm not running sub 38min 10kers?

 
At 7:19 AM, Blogger vat_man said...

Probably because your 4:50 per km is 10k around the bay, not over the 30k of Bobbin Head or 18k from Gladesville to St Leonards via the city.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home