Monday, June 27, 2005

Five wet ones in a row...

Since missing two days last week, the running gods have seen fit to test the strength of my faith with five straight runs with rain in a row. Oh well, so be it...

I was pretty tired this morning and decided to go with the sleep-in. With Tuesday's session being in the evening I'm really not fussed about running Monday mornings, although as I've mentioned before I'd really prefer to get on my backside when I get home. I was scheduled for an hour ten today.

Anyway, parked the bus at the Gladesville ferry stop for EliseS to retreive on her way home, and ran from there, over the Gladesville Bridge and through the streets immediately to the north of the shops on that side of Victoria Road and plugged into the Bay Run under the west end of the Iron Cove Bridge.

Felt a bit junky early with some of yesterday lingering in the quads, but seemed to come really good past the Rowers there, and had a golden 15 minutes there where I had a really nice long relaxed stride going and felt like a million bucks - you know those periods you get every now and then that you wish you could bottle and give to non-runners to show them why you run. It was a surprisingly balmy night, to the point that I actually slipped the shirt off for a couple of km. Of course, a sudden ramp up in humidity in Sydney is often a portent for.....

....rain. And it was that good soaking rain, too. It was a bit inconvenient running into it, as I'd gone out without a cap, but once I turned off Lilyfield Road and past the reception centre, it wasn't in my eyes and I started to really enjoy it, and shared some comic banter with other runners out there. I must be losing my mind...

Got to the oval where the Run Club meets and saw freerunner's Landie sitting there with it's headlights dimmed - had a quick chat before heading off to cross the Iron Cove Bridge, and through Drummoyne to make my way home, banging out 15.33km in 1:11:55. Good easy flowing pace, with a bit of stiffness in the quads that really didn't impede me. It might have rained, but I'd chalk this up as one of those training runs that, for some unknown reason, I really enjoyed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home