Wednesday, June 29, 2005

A sluggish Wednesday - I had it coming

Took a while to get up this morning. SW gave me instructions to take it easy today, and it became apparent when I hit Victoria Road this morning that taking it easily wasn't actually optional, with my legs feeling heavy and stiff.

Shuffled east through Huntley's Point, Drummoyne and into Rozelle. Started to finally come half good past Darling Street, and got an encouraging word from the boys doing Transit Lane duty near the Goodyear outlet.

Finally got my pace down to 5:00min/k pace when I hit the city. Saw a couple of Striders and Coolrunners through Pyrmont and Milsons Point which helped at bit. Battled up through North Sydney and up into Crows Nest, heading into St Leonards. I had to do a little loop here to make up time, ending up at a few seconds over 1h30m for 18.10km.

Pretty stuffed at the finish of it. I made a point of bringing some Endura Optimizer with me, as I find I recover more quickly when I take it. Oh well, 36 hours until my next hit out.

...and it didn't rain!

2 Comments:

At 12:44 PM, Blogger 26miles said...

You looked pretty good going over the Harbour Bridge this morning Vat - not sluggish at all ! I was on the train at about 7.50am.

 
At 5:02 PM, Blogger Jen said...

Good luck on the hunt for the C2S preferred entry. Hopefully it stops raining before then! J

 

Post a Comment

<< Home