Friday, April 29, 2005

Friday morning 3 x 2km intervals

Joined Fats and djl at the 1km marker of the Bay Run 5k challenge for a 6:30am kick off, the session being 3 x 2km intervals, with a 2 minute rest in between. Looking at my program for May, I figured the first two at 10k pace (around 3:50 per km pace), and the last at 5km (3:40) pace.

Got through a junky warm up (still feeling yesterday morning a bit) getting over there, and then waited for Mister G, who was a red wine fuelled (allegedly) no show after the informal CR drinks at the Sackville last night - I was good and stuck to sparking mineral water (my god, what is happening to me!?!).

Once moving at pace felt pretty good, and got through the first 2km in 7:38. Target pace was around 7:40, so that was pleasing. Got through the second 2km in 7:37, and felt I had pretty decent rhythm, but suspected I was going to feel it a bit through the second 2km. Got through that, though, in 7:30, so although not quite 5km pace, which would have been 7:20, I was pretty pleased to drag out another 8 seconds.

Certainly feeling the difference of adding carbs into the diet in place of some protein and fats. It's easier getting up, and I'm feeling a lot stronger through my morning sessions. Weight is starting to come down, too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home