Monday, April 25, 2005

...and in other news....

Yes, four entries in one day. Calm down.

As part of my refocussing, I've enlisted with the Sean Williams SWEAT Sydney program, and will get on-line coaching from him - I'll look at attending sessions a little bit down the track, as it's a pain in the arse to get over to Centennial Park and back to St Leonards for work.

I got my details over to Sean last week along with my goals and intended races for this year. The first paragraph of his reply was to tell me that I needed to see a dietician straightaway, and to lose 10kg by September. Ouch! It took me 4 years to lose 15!

So, it's off to see a dietician tomorrow morning! I'm seeing Michael, from Nutrafit in Lane Cove.

I tell ya, when I go for a change in life, I don't muck around. Should be interesting. I think it's acheivable - Sean's told me to stop doing upper body weights work (I'm allowed 30-40 push ups), so muscle weight will come off there, and my body fat could stand to come down significantly, which I imagine doing long runs without breakfast or gus will deal with fairly effectively, not to mention the speed and interval work I'm probably going to cop.

5 Comments:

At 3:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Nutra fit guys are very good. I saw Michael for a while a number of years ago. Good luck loosing the kgs.

WT

 
At 5:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't lose too much Vat....
I'd hate to see you get sand kicked in your face come summer ;-p

Gash

 
At 8:03 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Vat, 10kg is a lot of weight loss! When I saw you in Canberra I'd never have thought that you needed to lose that much weight. Let's know what the dietician thinks. Hope you enjoy the on-line coaching too....should be interesting.

 
At 11:25 AM, Blogger Spud said...

Hey Gash, touchee!

So Vat does this mean you have to stop eating chocolate too??

 
At 10:17 AM, Blogger Dave said...

Forget the chocolate what about the red wine and beer? What weight did they want you to get down to, I'm 73kg now and thats 13kg lighter than when I started running, people who I haven't seen for 2 years reckon I look gaunt!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home