Monday, April 25, 2005

Anzac Day

Got back from Brisbane Sunday night, and enjoyed a bit of a lie-in this morning.

Hit the road at around 8:40, intending to run around 20+km with no breakfast or gus. Felt a little beaten up from Sunday (left knee inparticular had an odd 'kink' in, like I'd been lying on it strangely - it became apparent last night, and was quite painful on the way home) and started off pretty slowly, running from Gladesville over to the Bay Run, did a couple of laps of Timbrell, down through the dog park, up to Lilyfield Road and did a rep of the hill, and back to the Iron Cove Bridge (seeing Silver Fox out with his little ones on the way). Started to feel hungry at around the 17k mark, just after I left the Bay Run and started to make my way back to Gladesville.

Started to feel it a bit mentally as well, and I guess this does highlight the degree to which I'd neglected this important part of my endurance training. Went a little light-headed at about 19k (something else I'd forgotten about) which made the climb over the Gladesville Bridge interesting, but managed to regain focus by the time I hit Huntley's Point and finished off reasonably solidly for 21.1k in 1:44:21.

Knee feels a lot happier, although the right hip was a little angry during some of the climbs. Still, good start to the week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home