Thursday, June 15, 2006

6 x 400

An interesting if long day today.

Started with a 7am massage with Easy Tiger that took an hour and a half. I didn't need to be in Petersham until 9am, and his next appointment wasn't for a while, so we took the opportunity to 'get ahead' of a few things. Apparently that involved a lot of pain. The drama with the right foot's gone now - there was some residual stiffness there that came straight out.

I spent the day over at Petersham TAFE doing a practical class for an electrical course I'm doing. Just putting a few things in place for the future. It was good fun being pushed way out of my comfort zone and being the dorky new guy. Did some soldering, crimping and various other things that have nothing to do with my job in finance. Only thing was my usual eating patterns were disrupted, and I spent most of the day on my feet.

Back into town and off to Kensington for reps with SW. Session was shorter tonight with the ANSW XC Long Course event on down at Nowra on Saturday, with 6 x 400, but with very short recovery of 30 seconds or less (usually less). Good chance to punch out some fast ones. Felt pretty good through the warm up and the strides (bit unusual, I know).

Reps went 77, 76, 75, 74, 73 and 76. Had a feeling on the third rep I might have pushed a lap early. Didn't get a good start on the sixth rep and couldn't get into rhythm, flailing home for 76.

Still, a LOT faster than the same session from a month ago, the average being over 3 seconds quicker. Felt a fair bit freer and was moving pretty well, although the 24km from last night was felt in the last couple of reps.

Looking forward to Saturday. Helps knowing the course, so I can plan a bit of a strategy, but I'd like to find a lot of time over last year's time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home