Sunday, June 11, 2006

The last big one before GCM

The last run of the last two big weeks before GCM, and not surprisingly it was 36km. I ended up hitting the Bay Run a bit after 12pm, and found it to be pretty damn windy. Oh, if I only I'd known...

Did four laps of the Bay Run + Dog Extension, the first clockwise, second and third anti-clockwise, and the fourth clockwise. The wind, predominantly from the south-west, was very strong, worth 10-30 seconds a minute in pace any time you were heading anywhere near south. It's very tiring to run in, and after sailing through 18km in just under 80 minutes, I gradually ground slower and slower as the wind got stronger and stronger, ended up going through the 36km in 2:44:03. Slower than I was ideally looking for, but probably the really good, hard slog three weeks out that I needed.

The week ahead's not exactly easy, but Monday becomes 50 mins relaxed for 11km, and Sunday is 2 hours relaxed for 26km. I still cop a belting on Wednesday for 24km in 1 hour 45 minutes, plus Nowra on Saturday. No 36km slog, though.

1 Comments:

At 9:31 PM, Blogger Don Juan said...

Good solid hit out.

yesterday after being called a wimp, Mohammed never recovered. Lucky I'm not a SNAG as well.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home