Monday, June 05, 2006

Not as wet as suggested

After spending the working day watching varying rain clouds shroud the city, I wasn't overly looking forward to the run home - an hour ten in the schedule, which dictated a run into town from St Leonards, and home via Victoria Road.

Hit the road at about 5:15, and arrived home around 6:25 (possibly a minute or two earlier - I forgot my watch again) in a solid hitout.

Observations:
- it was nowhere near as 'rainy' as I thought it would be, more misty with sprinklings of rain drops. I wasn't particularly wet when I got home
- whoever puts metal strips, grates and grilles in paths hates runners. They seem perfectly placed for my gait, I must have hit every single one crossing the Harbour Bridge. They're so slippery in the wet - I had a nice little skate on one in Pyrmont that nearly ended in a well dressed Asian couple's arms
- umbrellas are dangerous, particularly when in the hands of deaf, blind and stupid people
- I had that same old slightly nauseous feeling I always get when I come off the Harbour Bridge southbound. What is it with that? I think it might the long downhill from St Leonards - I get it sometimes if I run home via Lane Cove, with the long downhill down Epping Road, and again down Burns Bay Road to Hunter's Hill.
- otherwise, good, strong, consistent hitout. 'Illie' was present through the run but not too bad - I think I'm maintaining an even gait despite the niggle. Felt stronger once on my way out of town, suspect it was the blood moving the junk from yesterday out of the system.

78k in three days, and don't feel too bad. Good news.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home