Thursday, June 01, 2006

8 x 400

As is the tradition with SW, a shorter session before an Aths NSW event, the Saturday relays at Scarborough Park. It was 8 x 400, a fact that I eventually learned after asking Mohammed about four or five times during the lift from Redfern Station and the warm up. Recoveries were about 40 seconds.

I was a bit tired after yesterday's early start, and had one of those naps on the train to Redfern in the evening that seems to just make you more tired. I was a bit flat through the warm up.

I'd formulated a bit of a strategy - cruise the first, run the next two 'without resistance', as in almost a float, push a bit harder in the back half for the next two, same again with a stronger start in reps 6 and 7, and then bring it home with a strong one to finish off.

That's pretty much how it played out, with times going 82, 80, 80, 78, 78, 76, 76, 74. Very pleased with the session, felt I had great control over my pace and building intensity through the reps. Session average was quicker than any prior to the Anzac Day revision of the 400 metre course.

Things are going pretty well at the moment. I'm working hard on my diet - I was getting into bit of a snacking habit of an evening after dinner, and tightened up on what I eat during the day. Seems to have worked - although the weight's been stable, between 73 - 74 kg, stood on the scales at 73 kg even tonight, and am looking leaner in the mid-section. If I can get on another roll of weight loss, I might yet get to Gold Coast around 70 kg, which would be great. We'll see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home