Monday, June 12, 2006

Through the streets of your town...well, my town

My schedule called for a 'relaxed' 50 minutes today, for 11km.

The run was scheduled for the afternoon/evening, so after an indulgent public holiday lie-in (good on ya, Lizzie!) we went shopping, and spent the day pottering around at home. I decided to dig up an old route I hadn't run in a while, basically from home, east along Victoria Road, through Huntley's Point and up into Hunter's Hill, and along the ridge there for a while before turning around and heading home, except plotted with GPS Maps-Pedometer and with an extra kilometre stuck in it.

I hit the road a bit before 4pm, and ran out into a beautiful, fresh, still and clear winter's day. I was surprised at how fresh it was - my CR T-Shirt was perfect, I'd have probably been too cool in a singlet. Ran in the Frees for the first time in a while, took the feet a little while adapt, but they were fine after 3km. Fair bit of initial soreness in the gentle uphill 400 metres or so from home but that was pretty well fine after 10 minutes.

Quite a few runners out and about. Felt I had a good comfortable flow going and came home faster than I set out. Got through around 11.1km in 48:52, which surprised me a bit, I was feeling pretty relaxed out there, just ticking over.

So back home, run's done, most of my chores are done - lovely...

1 Comments:

At 5:48 PM, Blogger Superflake said...

Vat S2S was where the first stressie reared it's ugly head last year. And the right leg still does not like downhills that much. The hunter half sounds very inviting with me being a red wine fan. You seem to be cruising well in the taper now so that is all good.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home