Monday, June 19, 2006

35m 'relaxed'

Woke up feeling a bit scratchy. Would normally think I was fighting a cold off, but I suspect a bit of an overload on brownies last night was paying a dividend of a headache and a little bit of congestion. Didn't feel fantastic through the day, either, but given a hard 12k race, five hours in the car and no sleep in on Sunday I was probably always going to be tired.

SW had helpfully put 35m relaxed 15km on the program - that didn't sound relaxed to me. That sounded more like world record pace to me. I had a fiddle in Excel based on last week's 50m relaxed run, came up with something in the mid to high 7s, and rounded it up to 8.

Got home just before 6 and could have quite easily given it a miss. Half the battle is making it a habit, though, and I think I was kind of kitted up in my running gear before the conscious side of the brain had a chance to contribute. Of course, once you're dressed, you're obliged to run, so out the door it was.

Was a bit of a grindy effort. I followed last Monday's route through to the park next to Hunter's Hill Hospital and back. Felt a bit better on the way back, but where I would normally pound out the last kilometre I just seemed to lope along. Still, it was 8km in 36:36 for 4:34 pace, so I shouldn't complain, I guess. Actually do feel a bit better for heading out, seems to have cleared the head a bit.

3 Comments:

At 8:21 AM, Blogger Clairie said...

Cotton wool time Vat.

Can't afford for you to get sick or feel off colour so avoid gyms, all other persons, going to work and getting on airplanes.

Well okay then, so maybe you have to do a few of them. But make sure you are eating well and getting lots of B and C vitamins. Rest is also good so early nights all this week and next.
Not to mention wearing that extra thick singlet to work!

Take care, we are so very excited to see your progress and it will be good to see you nail this one.

 
At 9:23 AM, Blogger Gnscon said...

Vat, I'm disappointed. If the coaches program says 15ks in 35 mins then you get out there and do it. No excuses.

 
At 8:51 PM, Blogger vat_man said...

You're right, Rob. I am a fraud.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home