Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Disappearing

Well, if you're having trouble losing weight, give up booze. Weekly weight check this morning saw a 74.0kg on the scale, meaning I've lost about 4.5kg since the start of the year (it was tending to go up and down between 76 and 78.5kg between cycles of illness). Diet could still do with a little fine-tuning, but the weight's certainly coming off at the moment! SW suggested a target weight of 68kg last year, which is starting to look like it might be acheivable for Gold Coast.

It's also been just over 7 weeks since I last had a bout of illness, so that side of things is progressing well too.

All I need to do now is find some speed!

5 Comments:

At 8:44 AM, Blogger vat_man said...

Heh - well, I seem to have developed a Coke Zero addiction to replace, so although probably not fantastic from a chemical point of view, the calories are a lot less!

 
At 2:27 PM, Blogger speedygeoff said...

Speed will come with the weight off, without even doing speedwork!

 
At 6:00 PM, Blogger Clairie said...

All work and no play makes Vat a dull boy.....

Seriously 68kg is very light weight for a bloke. I hope this is just temporary for race prep.

I am trying the same thing myself but the last 2kg is the absolute worst to get off.

Best of luck and great to hear your health has stabilised!

 
At 9:47 PM, Blogger Superflake said...

Excellent work Vat. I wondered why the Vat_Man became Vat. It's all disappearing. Keep it up the speed will come. 37:09 on Sat was not far off the PB.

 
At 5:02 PM, Blogger Mandy said...

I developed a diet Coke addiction several years now, and if they made a diet root beer IV, I'd be all set.

Good luck with everything.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home