Monday, February 27, 2006

Free running

Dropped the car at Woolwich Pier, only to discover two right 2100s in my bag. Oops.

Mmm....so, choices are:
- wait for EliseS to arrive, head home, grab left 2100, and do run. Downside is a later start (and rising possibility of giving up on the evening run) plus I'm not sure when she's arriving
- scarper home, grab left 2100, return to Woolwich, do run. Again, later start, and I'm not sure when she's arriving.

Pondering this, I realised that there was a third option. I was wearing my new 'running' Frees, so it was a chance to try them out. I'd run 10k or so barefooted a week or so without any problems, do my speedwork unshod, and wear the Frees around the office all the time. If there was a problem with them, logically I should have had it by now.

So, I set off. The shoes were fine. They really are like soft flats. - in fact, my feet and troublesome right arch feel the best they have for a while. I ran up through Hunter's Hill, over the Gladesville Bridge, through Drummyone to the start of the CR 5k course, ran to the 1km marker, then turned around and headed back to Gladesville via Victoria Road for 13.35km in 1 hour and 5 seconds (my ability to judge the timing of a run to arrive at home within seconds of my schedule never ceases to astound me). Nice night to run - not too warm, although a bit breezy over the bridge.

I was pretty stiff and battered this morning, but seemed to improve through the day and feel okay through the run, although uphills were a little testing. The illiacus tendon was better after a bit of a stretch last night - will need to keep doing that to stay on top of it. Came up better than I thought I would.

2 Comments:

At 11:29 PM, Blogger Tesso said...

You could've gone for a hop :-)

 
At 7:13 AM, Blogger vat_man said...

Heh, we had Ripping Yarns, on DVD at home this weekend, with Tomkinson do the '30 mile hop' in the first episode.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home