Thursday, February 23, 2006

Short and sharp 300s

Fairly short little session this evening. with 3 blocks of 2 x 300 metres with a minute inbetween, with 3 minutes between the blocks - 6 x 300 reps in total.

So, no excuses for hanging about tonight, just blast 'em out. Did some sums after Tuesday's session and figured I wanted to be under 3 minuter per km pace for the session, which meant times of under 54 seconds or so. That seemed a little soft, so I thought if I could average around 50 seconds per rep, I'd be happy.

Reps went 49,50 - 50,49 - 49,49

Very pleasing. Thought I might have been going out the door backwards after the third rep, but was holding on pretty well for the last 100 metres, passing quite a number of other squad members (admittedly, teenage girls) in the dash for the line.

Happy with that, especially given I felt pretty beaten up during the warm up after last night's effort.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home