Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Weekend in Melbourne

Don't panic - I haven't stopped blogging. Ducked down to Melbourne for a few days and didn't go near the internet whilst down there.

Only got two runs in:
- a 9.5km effort in 43 minutes on the Friday to the summit of Arthur's Seat from Waterfall Gully Road and back in Rosebud along the Two Bays Trail (through the Seawind Gardens). I do like that little stretch, although there is a pretty severe climb from the dam which borders on terrifying on the way down. Solid pace throughout with a strong finish.
- a 34km effort in a touch over 2 hours 47 minutes on the Sunday morning between Alexandra and Taggerty along the Maroondah Highway, with a little loop in Alex to start with. Felt pretty strong at the finish and wouldn't have had any problems running a full marathon distance in 3h20-25 mins.

Main concern was a knock on the left side of the left leg I took from a cricket ball whilst batting in the nets with my half-brother and his two boys. It was starting to get pretty sore on Sunday (it caught the bottom of my left ITB) and as a precaution I elected to miss Monday and Tuesday - I don't think sitting in the car for 8 hours on Monday did it any favours. It's pretty well okay today, I'll get out on it this evening.

Was hoping to get more training in, but it's very difficult when you're shuttling around like that, staying at three places in four nights.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home