Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Back in harness

Tuesday's session went pretty well, 10 x 400 & 2 x 200. It was originally 10 x 400, but SW went to 9 x 400 with the last 400 split into 2 x 200. Dumb-dumb here can't count to ten, so I got sucked into doing another 400. Oh well, a bit of hard work's not a bad thing.

Splits for the 400s went from 75-78, with a blow out to 80 and 82 for the last two. Average was around 77.7. 200s went 35 and 32. Recoveries were generally around a minute or less.

I was intially a bit disappointed with the session, but the average was around 1.6s quicker than the average for the 15 x 400 I did back on Jan 10, so it wasn't so bad. I know my endurance is off, though - I've not done a long run since Jan 8's Ten Bridges. Probably find that out tonight during my 1h15m run home.

Other news is there was a cancellation at the allergist and I'm seeing her tomorrow lunchtime. That's a relief - it'd be good to get on top of this issue. As Tim put it on Monday night, whilst it'll be disappointing to learn that it is actually a shellfish allergy, that's a lot better (and controllable) than a mystery illness that turns up every 5 to 6 weeks.

2 Comments:

At 10:12 PM, Blogger Superflake said...

Good one Vat. Hope that allergy gets sorted and you can do a few solid months for the GC Marathon.

 
At 10:07 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Great to have you blogging again, Vat! Hope the allergy thing gets sorted out....also love shell fish!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home