Thursday, December 01, 2005

An update

Suddenly, it's summer.

Apologies for not updating. My last run was on Saturday afternoon, where I did a warm up around in the inside of the fence line at Centennial Park, a hard 6k in 23:41, and another lap to cool down. I wasn't feeling great - I had felt on Friday that I was coming down with another dose of the sinus pain/cold thing I've been getting. It deteriorated over the weekend, culminating in a day off work on Monday.

Went and saw Dr Irwin Light today for a combined check-up and consult on why I keep getting this. Irwin ran through some checks and drew some blood. He suspects I have an ongoing sinus infection, and ordered a CT scan which I will have tomorrow at 12. Once he has that and the results from my blood tests (which includes some immunity system checks) we will decide on a course of treatment.

I could probably run tonight, but will pop out tomorrow for 50 minutes with some relaxed sprints, to get a feel for my legs again, and an easy half hour on Saturday. Irwin is happy enough for me to run the Central Coast Half on Sunday, don't know how quick it'll be though.

3 Comments:

At 5:00 PM, Blogger 2P said...

Sorry to hear about the sinus thing.

If you want an easy one you could always volunteer for the vacant conductors job on the minerstrain for the half :-)

 
At 12:19 AM, Blogger Superflake said...

Vat hope the Doc can find out once and for all why you keep getting a re-occurrence. Good luck at Central Coast.

 
At 3:17 AM, Blogger Mark said...

this will sound stupid but your summer comment threw me! Of course, you are the opposite season as us in Canada but inside I was thinking, "What the heck is he talking about?"!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home