Thursday, November 17, 2005

1k (8), 4 x 500m (2)

Date: Thu, Nov 17 (6:10pm)
Conditions: Cool and clear, mild breeze
Location: McKay Oval, Centennial Park
Session: 1k (8) 3:15, 4 x 500m (2), 1:31, 1:29, 1:27, 1:29
Sleep: 8 hours, pretty decent.
Feeling: On reflection, last night's 'run' was probably at recovery pace, so felt a lot better in the hips. A little tired, but not bad. Bit dead legged in the quads.

After a horrendous run with traffic (over an hour from St Leonards to Centennial Park!), got there a bit later and pushed through a 2k warm up. Changed from my 2100s to spikes.

SW was running late with traffic, so his wife took the first half of the session. After drills, ran the first kilometre, was 3:15 - a little slower than I was hoping for - seemed to have real struggle through the middle 200-300 metres.

Long recovery between that and the 500s, which were done with a 2 minute recovery. Probably took the first one a bit easily at the start for 1:31, so was more aggressive at the start of reps 2 and 3, and saw the benefit in the times, netting a 1:29 and 1:27. Was pushing hard on the fourth, but my legs just went from under me with about 130 metres to go and I flailed home in 1:29.

Completely nuked aerobically at the end, so I know I'm starting to push really hard again. It's feeling pretty good.

Nice to see pace under 3:00 per km in the shorter reps. I'm certainly noticing the difference in traction and transfer of power to the ground, plus the lightness of the shoes. I'm sure that's helping with learning the 'sensation' of running faster.

Finished off with a solid lap of the inside rail with Mohammed to round out a good, solid session.

Sub 5 minutes is the target on Sunday - well, assuming I don't drop the bloody baton.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home