Sunday, November 13, 2005

2 hours

Date: Sun, Nov 13 (3:45pm)
Conditions: Warm, bright and breezy
Location:Gladesville to CBD via Victoria Road and Pyrmont, return via Harbour Bridge, Pacific Highway, Lane Cove and Hunters Hill
Session: 2 hours, 2:02:01 for 24.55km.
Sleep: 8 1/2 hours. Slept like the dead. In fact, probably a little too well.
Feeling: Felt like death warmed up until I finally caved in and got a cup of coffee around 11:30, and picked up after that.

Awoke at 5:50am with the alarm set for 6:15 am for me to get up and do my long run with the squad at Centennial Park, and it wasn't going to happen. Simple as that. Back to bed, and woke again around 8 - 8:15am and caught the last 30 minutes of the soccer whilst lying in bed. It was worth it. Groggy for most of the morning until aforementioned coffee.

Finally got out the door at 3:45pm after catching up on some painting, and found the legs actually felt pretty good, and that it wasn't as warm as I thought it might have been, with the easterly breeze being fairly cool. Settled into a 4:50 - 4:55 pace, which suited me fine - the whole objective was to stay on my feet for two hours. Pace, whilst not irrelevant, was not the main objective. I need to build my endurance base back up, and blowing up 90 minutes into a 4:35 per km pace run isn't going to acheive that.

Route was basically the shortest loop of the Gladesville - City via Inner West - Return via North Shore that I figured would take around two hours. Out by two minutes!

Not a lot to report - felt pretty decent pretty well the whole run, even after the long drag uphill through North Sydney up to Crows Nest. Saw Boof at the Lane Cove shopping strip.

Feel okay now - not too drained, and a bit more confident. Looking ahead to the Central Coast half, I'm a little doubtul of doing a spectacular time there. Last night's time is suggestive of an 85 minute half marathon, although stranger things have happened with a couple of weeks of speed work.

I think the simple fact of the matter is the bug from August and last month is still having an effect on me, and my training intensity levels. Recovery from sessions is proving a little difficult.

That said, it feels a lot better to be training in the warmth. I just need a clear three months.

3 Comments:

At 9:29 AM, Blogger 2P said...

I was actually cold when I got up. The cooler and non-humid weather certainly makes a difference.

 
At 2:49 PM, Blogger 2P said...

Don't know what blogger is up to??? the comment above was from yonks ago!

Nice scenic 2 hour run, must try it some time - mind you it will take me longer than 2 hours :-)

 
At 4:04 PM, Blogger vat_man said...

Yeah, there's been some weird stuff happening with the dates. Friday's entry has disappeared completely, and I had no end of trouble with this entry.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home