Friday, December 09, 2005

A gentle 45 minutes, and a pause for breath

I wasn't feeling fantastic later in the afternoon yesterday (Thurs) and we had a bit happening at home, so elected to head home and managed to squeeze in a fairly pleasant 45 minutes wobbling around the local area between activities, mind pleasantly blank bar occasional recollections of the Itchy & Scratchy theme (my mobile ring tone - I'd had a rare call on it during the afternoon). I should point out that it is actually the proper theme that I converted from an MP3 of the original, not some half-arsed non-original version that vaguely resembles it.

At this point, for the number of you that actually take the time to peruse my ramblings, I must announce that I will be taking a break from the Vat Blog for the foreseeable future. There is a pressing matter on the family front that will be dominating much of my mental resource in the coming months, and at the risk of offending you the proffering of a collection of meandering thoughts on running seem somewhat trivial at the moment - you'll no doubt indulge me in not revealing the nature of the matter in this format.

I will most likely resume this diary once things have settled down. It is far too useful a resource of retrospective insight for me to simply abandon. Most likely once the campaign for Gold Coast begins in earnest.

Until then, or whenever I elect to resume, I wish you a Merry Christmas (or relevant religious variation thereof) and a Happy New Year.

10 Comments:

At 2:33 PM, Blogger Dave said...

vat, as a somewhat regular reader I'll certainly miss the regular musings. Completely understand on the bigger issues of life vs the recreation of running and have been struggling to blend the 2 successfully lately.

I'm sure we'll catch up before Christmas, amybe over a cold brew at the CR party.

Bring on 2006 I say!

 
At 3:01 PM, Blogger Tesso said...

I mightn't comment often, but I never miss reading your ramblings. Looking forward to the blog resuming in the lead up to Gold Coast.

Have a great Chrissy and a fantasic 2006.

Take care.

 
At 6:40 PM, Blogger 2P said...

Back at ya re: the chrissy wishes Vat.

I look forward to the resumption of play ;-)

 
At 8:26 AM, Blogger Jen said...

I'll miss your ramblings too and hope everything is ok for you. Take care of yourself and I'll see you at the next drinks :-)

J.

 
At 12:51 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I'll miss what you call your 'ramblings', Vat, & I hope everything works out well for you; good to know you'll "be back" when the time is right.

 
At 4:44 PM, Blogger Bennyr said...

Vat, I wish you all the strength you will need to deal with the matters you face.

Keep well, and I look forward to your return to the bloggin ranks.

Cheers,
Ben

 
At 10:30 PM, Blogger Superflake said...

I'll miss the ramblings Amigo. Hope the home front is ok and normal services will resume soon. See you on the road soon.

 
At 6:09 PM, Blogger Clairie said...

Gonna miss the musings Vat and certainly reading of the amazing changes you make to your running and how it all affects you. (I've tried a few myself to some success).

Catch you at Gold Coast and certainly I look forward to the postings in between.

 
At 1:21 PM, Blogger 26miles said...

Hey Vat,
Have a fun time at S.W's training camp this weekend. If I don't see you before hand, all the best for the season,
Cheers, 26.

 
At 1:26 PM, Blogger miners said...

All the best Vat - and I hope everything sorts itself out well for you so you can look at 2006 with fresh-faced (and clear minded) enthusiasm.

Look forward to catching up with you in the new year

 

Post a Comment

<< Home