Monday, February 06, 2006

Lunchtime at Centennial Park

We didn't get home from visiting friends until just after 11:30pm on Saturday night, so when the alarm went (I had hoped to get out and do my 2 hours early) I was still sleepy, so elected to go out after we'd done the shopping. Given my experiences of recent months and the comments from the allergist, I'm a little loathe to ignore signals like this from my body at the moment.

Ended up hitting the outside trail at Centennial Park at around 11:30am. I was by myself initially, and ran a big outside loop, including Queens Park and a loop of the McKay oval 1km circuit. Early on in the second loop, saw Greta and Damien, and ran them for a while. Greta was only doing 1:15, so she was pushing. I hung with her for a shorter loop of the outside and let her go. Started on a long outside loop and gave it away climbing the big hill near the bus depot at Bondi Junction, for what would have around 2 hours for around 25km (not 100% sure on the time and distance as I'd forgotten to restart my watch after a drink stop at the end of the first loop) - I really did grind to a halt, and probably should have taken some snakes with me to run it out. I had hoped to run 2:15 - 2:30 for something closer to 30km, but suspect I got my feeding wrong - never been particularly good at getting it right for the runs later in the day.

Went and watched the last two hours of the program at the Telstra A-Series and saw some good racing.

Haven't had a drink for over a week now. Subjectively, actually feel pretty good (if a little weary), with the nose and breathing the clearest they've been for a while. Would have been nice to run something closer to 37 flat on Saturday, but it was a solid run with a strong back half, so there's something to build on there. I consider that my Gold Coast campaign has kicked off with this completed week, and gotten off to a solid start. Guessing I did around 100km this week.

1 Comments:

At 8:46 AM, Blogger nettie said...

I'm exhausted..keep going!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home