Tuesday, September 27, 2005

5km windsprints

Fooled around with some swiss ball work and yoga stretches at lunch.

Down to ES Marks for the usual Tuesday night short blasts. Took my 2100s for some added cushioning. Through a 15 min warm up and felt okay.

SW suggested running 4.8km to make it an even 12 laps, and that the times should be close to what you'd expect for a 5km time trial. I ran 18:42, close to my Sunday 5km race time. Format was to basically 'float' the bends and attack the straights. Took the splits but forgot to look at them, lap times felt pretty even. I was probably guilty of dogging it a bit on the floats, but I felt I made good efforts on the sprints, particularly the last 3-4 laps.

15 min cool down rounded off the evening.

Don't seem to have come up anywhere near as bashed up from the session. I think this can attributed to two factors - the 2100s, and not belting the bends, which is where I think the problems are stemming from.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home