Sunday, September 25, 2005

SMC 5k

Out to Smithfield on a humid morning for the start of the SMC series. Only doing the 5km today.

Started saw a fellow called Gary do an absolute bolter, as if he was on for sub 15 mins. The two young blokes in front of me caught him at about 600 metres, and I got him a bit before 1km. Through 1km in about 3:40 or so.

Missed the time at the turnaround. Of the two young blokes at the front, one went on to do the 10k. He was too far down the road to catch. Gary put another burst on here, and went past, but I again got him fairly quickly. From there, I worked to put enough of a gap into him to ensure I had any other potential surges covered, and put in a reasonable finish to manage 18:33 for second outright, and an age group win.

Felt better at the finish than at the start, and thought I put in a pretty constant solid effort. Felt a bit speed restricted - I'm sure that'll come good over the next few weeks.

2 Comments:

At 7:44 AM, Blogger Spud said...

Congrats on the age group win Vat. Good to see your speed is coming back mate.

 
At 9:52 AM, Blogger Tesso said...

Woohoo - 2nd! And an age group win. What's gonna happen when your speed is well and truly back!

Congrats Vat :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home