Monday, September 19, 2005

50 min easy, 10 x 100m sprints

Slept in this morning, and did core stability at lunch.

Ran home in the drizzle and light rain, from St Leonards to Tarban Creek Reserve. SW had built in an unexpected bonus on the end of this run, with a 10 x 100m sprints. Best I could manage close to home was the soccer (yes, SOCCER! Not football. You were last in. Deal with it) field at Tarban Creek Reserve. Some quick research reveals that a soccer field can be between 90 to 120 metres in length (100 to 110 metres for internationals). I suspect this ground is a touch longer. Sprints over well grassed ground went from 18.8 down to about 18.5 through the first five, working down to a touch over 17 through the final five as I gained more confidence.

Interesting twist to the session. I felt pretty good at the end after the sprints, better than I usually feel after the run home. Good one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home