Monday, September 12, 2005

30 min recovery

An easy 30 min recovery run this evening, managing a bit over 6km. Some soreness and weakness in the quads apparent on climbs, but otherwise fine. I was a good boy at lunch and recommenced my core stability program.

I wore the Nike Frees all day at work (didn't run in them), and was surprised to find at lunch time that the soreness in my left arch, which was quite apparent when I got up, was gone. Walking in the morning seemed to give the feet a good, satisfying stretch. I did have to put in a quick bolt to catch the 536 at Lane Cove (after walking there from St Leonards) on the way home, and they felt okay to run in. They feel like a softer version of the Asics Magic Racers - probably the lack of a raised heel contributing to that. They are very comfortable to walk around in though.

Starting to feel my motivation coming back, too. Thinking of targeting the Central Coast Half Marathon in December as my next 'big one'.

1 Comments:

At 6:11 PM, Blogger TA and the Gnome said...

Glad to hear your starting to target a race. Enjoy the prep.

TA

 

Post a Comment

<< Home