Thursday, August 25, 2005

Update

Oops, haven't updated in a bit. I have actually been running, but a combination of being busy at work and the set-up of a 'new' PC at home have conspired to keep me occupied.

Monday
Was planning to run in the evening, but the weekend's efforts left me pretty tired and sore, so I elected to take the day off.

Tuesday
My return to speedwork. I think the last of the flu from my chest has gone, with the little chesty wheeze at the end of breaths gone. Decided to test myself at the SW Squad in the evening, which moved to the athletics track at ES Marks. Jogged through a reasonable 4.8k warm up, and got through 12 x 400, the first at 75s, the remainder from 80-85s (tending slower). Wanted to stop after 7, feeling like I was breathing hot lava, and actually said so out loud, but decided to do one more and ended up finishing the session. Stride felt okay, just slow turnover. Bit different running on an actual track.

Wednesday
Ran to work, and elected to take the quickest route via town rather than focus on the prescribed 90 minutes. Felt very beaten up, and took about 5k for the legs to feel 'acceptable'. Garmin suggested around 18k in 1:18, which I thought was probably a bit optimistic. Pretty sore through the morning, but the legs seemed to improve through the day.

Summary
After a weekend of 'maybe I'll give up running' and general despondancy post C2S, I'm now feeling a bit brighter and can see a road back to form coming. Guess I'm probably just down that a really good period of training feels like it's been wasted, almost like doing a good training lead-up to a marathon and then not doing it. Guess it's a confidence thing. I'll do tonight's session, which is 5 x 1km at Moore Park, and hopefully we'll get a decent result going there.

Do feel like I'm starting from scratch, though.

2 Comments:

At 10:33 AM, Blogger Superflake said...

Vat it shouldn't take too long to get it back. Keep pushing the hardwork and you'll get back to Sutho2Surf form.

 
At 11:23 AM, Blogger silverfox said...

Vat

its funny I posted something very similar today in relation to feeling like an opportunity lost. I guess the proof of the pudding is how we process these 'blips' going forward. It is incredible how much of this running caper is between the ears. Dont suggest anything different to the way you have handled things previous, accepting the highs with good grace and learning from the lows.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home