Friday, August 26, 2005

Thursday night speed

Down to Centennial Park for Thursday night speed work. Tonight's schedule was 5 x 1km.

Got through a fairly short and painful warm up (sore lower legs, often happens when I haven't run on grass for a while, suspect it's the variable footing working the lower legs in slightly different directions - so not necessarily a bad thing. Gave it away after about 2.7-2.8k, following up with some unenthusiastic drills.

Went through the five reps in 3:33, 3:34, 3:35, 3:34 and 3:33. Pretty happy with that, felt to have pretty good rhythm and form, and pleased to hang on to pace over the last two. Looks like I'm starting to come back.

Gentle 2k warm down, and called it a night. Feeling a bit more optimistic.

2 Comments:

At 3:05 PM, Blogger CJ said...

I always feel like I'm running slowly and feel more uncoordinated when I run on grass. Plus it seems like hard work. Obviously I need to do more sesssions on grass I think. A good workout anyway.

 
At 11:32 PM, Blogger Superflake said...

I'm feeling a lot more optimistic. Good session Vat.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home