Sunday, July 03, 2005

Ten Bridges Classic STaR

Bit difficult to get up this morning - I was kind of in zombie mode, stumbling around the place on auto-pilot until the coffee kicked in. Fortunately, the Ten Bridges starts about a 5 minute drive from my place, so leaving at 6 gave me a bit of time.

Had a pretty good social group this today, which helped pass the time on this cool, clear morning. Run basically went from Longueville, cut through the lower North Shore to Milsons Point, over the Harbour Bridge, through town into Pyrmont, over the Anzac Bridge and into Annandale, through Lilyfield to cut through the King Georges Oval section of the Bay Run, over the Iron Cove Bridge and through Drummoyne, over the Gladesville Bridge and through the back of Hunter's Hill (I cut this section out and just went straight up Burns Bay Road) and cut through Riverview back to the start.


Enthusiasm wasn't really there this morning although I was moving along okay, managing 26.7km in 2:08:41, a bit longer than the two hours in the program. Managed 101km for the week.

Next week is pretty similar, and goes:
Mon: 1h10m
Tue: 6x800 (1:45 jog between)
Wed: 1h30m
Thu: 4k @ 10k pace (6m jog recovery) 3k slightly quicker again
Fri: easy 30m
Sat: RBH 6k XC Mutch Park (race)
Sun: 2h (venue TBA)

SW rang me around lunch time yesterday to congratulate me on Saturday, and to continue Friday's suggestion about joining the squad for their Sunday long runs. I do enjoy the STaRs and the earlier start is convenient, but he made a very good point about their sessions being done on grass and that aiding my longetivity - something I've had in mind, having seen a number of Striders cop stress fractures. Food for thought. I might mix it up - say 2/3 SW sessions, 1/3 STaRs. We'll see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home