Monday, July 04, 2005

Pushing a little harder

Again elected to take the sleep-in option (didn't get a whole lot over the weekend) and so it was an evening run again. Came up a touch stiff after the weekend activities, but incorporating the walk from Lane Cove to St Leonards in the morning and return in the cool clear evening seemed to help free the legs up.

Didn't end up hitting the road until about 6:40pm. After the weekend feeling a bit 'arced up' about my running, so decided to have a bit of a push closer to 4:30 per km pace. Didn't get off to the best of the starts when 650 metres down the road a familiar itch reminded me I'd neglected to tape my nipples. Too cold to run shirtless, too far to run tapeless. Back home, tape up, pick up where I left off (1.34km in 6:08).

Decided to test myself and headed east along Victoria Road, across the Gladesville Bridge, through Drummoyne and across the Iron Cove Bridge. Down the stairs, under the bridge and around the Bay Run (hi Run Clubbers!) until I hit Brent Street, where I headed up the hill to Lyons Road. Up Lyons Road, left at Victoria Road and west until home. Including the little diversion, 15.47km in 1 hour 10 minutes. Felt a good, strong run, pushing just a touch out of my week day comfort zone. Good hit out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home