Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Pushing hard on a Wednesday

Made a couple of little changes to the Wednesday 90 minute run - made a bit of an effort to bring everything I could to work on Tuesday, so I could run with just a bumbag (with phone, wallet and keys - been hating running with the backpack), and decided to alter the route a bit to incorporate the Bay Run to ensure I get some good flat solid pace..

Left home at about 6:35am, heading east along Victoria Road to Drummyone, and under the Iron Cove Bridge to hook into the Bay Run. Followed it around to Lilyfield Road, tackled the hill and followed Lilyfield Road all the way through to the pedestrian bridge over Victoria Road at Rozelle. Straight over the Anzac Bridge, through Pyrmont and into the city, over the Harbour Bridge and up the Pacific Highway through North Sydney into St Leonards.

Pace took a little while to come, and I was never really free of feeling a bit heavy legged. Still, I was at about 4:30 per km pace at the bottom of the Lilyfield Road, and managed to hold to 4:32 pace for the run, which went a bit over 90 minutes to finish at 1:33:40, covering 20.64km. Pleasing hitout, especially since I never really felt great throughout the run.

3 Comments:

At 11:21 AM, Blogger The Mad Guz said...

Mate good to see you backed up after your session on Tuesday. Sounds like Sean Williams training is paying off for you, just like Keith. I finished in St Leonards this morning as this is where my wife works to catch up for breakfast.

 
At 9:02 PM, Blogger silverfox said...

Craig

Just catching up on a few blogs. Mate - every time I read yours I get km envy! I know it will pay dividends for you come C2S. Clearly you are getting stronger, keeping the pace even on the back end of that run going up to St Leo shows it.Its nice to run fast but you need to have that tough endurance to go with it. Will make c2s seem like North Head. Keep it up fella and hope to catch up soon.

 
At 11:00 PM, Blogger Superflake said...

Excellent run this morning mate. The hills on that run will certainly make you stronger all round and for C2S.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home