Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Tour of the North Shore

Up at 6:20am to the sound of rain, and since I had the car this morning, drove to St Leonards to secure a half decent park and hit the road at around 6:50am near the Fitness First. The rain had pretty well cleared on the drive over, although it was certainly cool enough to justify the long sleeve shirt I was wearing.

Headed north rather than south this morning, for a bit of variety, and toured through Artarmon, Chatswood, Northbridge, Cammeray, Crows Nest, North Sydney, and around the back of Wollstonecraft. Pace was around 4:45 per km until I hit Wollstonecraft, where the hills knocked the pace down a bit. Total run was 18.58km in 90 minutes flat.

I was pretty stiff to begin with, and never really felt loose at any stage. I was aware of the hip through the run but it was better than it was around the relative flat of Centennial Park on Sunday, so the improvement is encouraging. Hamstring is 100%.

Ran in my 'new' 2100s again this morning, but this time with my Horned orthotics. Made quite a difference to the show, with a definite improvement in control.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home