Wednesday, July 06, 2005

A slight change to the routine

Little bit of a change this morning, with EliseS in town, leaving me with the car. I also had an errand to run at lunchtime which required the car, so needed to get up early to get the programmed 90 minute run in as I couldn't run to work. The plan was to drive to St Leonards by around 6:30am, park and do the run then.

Alarm went at around 5:40am, and I was stuffed, with the legs stiff from last night. A couple of grabs at the snooze button later, and I was finally up. After some stuffing around, got out the door and arrived at St Leonards (near the tennis club) just before 6:30am.

I shuffled off into the cool and clear morning, and made my way over to the Pacific Highway, over the Harbour Bridge, down through to George Street and into Circular Quay. Did the loop around the Opera House, into the Domain and past Mrs Macquarie's Chair, past the cafe/pool (getting a good look at the USS Kitty Hawk), and then hit the 45m30s turnaround alarm, and made my way back. Quite a lot of runners out - anyone would think there was a big fun run on next month. Today also saw the debut of my new 2100's - they were fine, no problems with them, will have to try them with the orthotics in once they've got a few more km in them.

Never really felt good during the run, but was able to maintain reasonable pace once I'd warmed up and made a point of working hard on the uphills. Not the most physically pleasant of runs, but pleased I was able to maintain pace, particularly on the long drag up from Milsons Point through North Sydney to Crows Nest.

And the change of scenery was nice...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home