Monday, July 18, 2005

A good Monday night

I've pretty well given up on running first thing Monday mornings, figuring it's a good chance to catch up on sleep - don't tend to stay up late on Sunday nights.

Legs felt a little stiff through most of the day - sitting at a desk on the day after a long run really isn't good for us long distance runners - and I was a little wary of how I'd feel when I hit the road a bit after 6pm.

Strapped my tired old Kayanos on and headed out the door, and felt pretty good. SW has prescribed 16k for these 1h10m Monday night workouts, which has proved optimistic. Once I realised I felt pretty good, I thought I'd take a bit of a shot at it, the planned route heading east along Victoria Rd from Gladesvill, hook into the Drummoyne end of the Bay Run at Rowers, follow it around, over the Iron Cove Bridge, and then back home west along Victoria Road.

Getting over the bridge and through Drummoyne, pace was about 4:30 per k as I hit the Bay Run. It came down pretty quickly through the first couple of k of the CR 5k course, and by the time I hit the stairs of the Iron Cove Bridge it was 4:20. Dropped a couple of seconds through Drummyone, and was out to 4:26 by the time I managed the hard climb west over the Gladesville Bridge. Ran it out to hit home, and 15:83km in 1h10m, for 4:25 per km.

Surprisingly good, strong hit out, with no sign of the hip or hamstring. Blister on the left foot - well, it was well protected...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home