Sunday, July 17, 2005

C2S Preview

Met up with Action, Luke Skyrunner, Boof and Springer at the C2S start at 6:30am for a combined long run and City 2 Surf course preview. Conditions were cool and clear with a bit of wind about, although we were sheltered from it through the first half of the run

No sign of our other attendees, so we set off at 6:35am, covering the course in 65:44 in a solid, amiable hit out. I got 14.05km on the Garmin, and a map with elevations is attached.

I've also done a plot via Google Earth - the elevation data isn't great, but it gives a decent enough idea of the lay of the course.

The profile of Heartbreak is interesting - it should be noted that we didn't take the racing line through there. but it definitely shows a couple of distinct rest sections partway through the hill.

The wind was quite apparent once we got on the other side of the ridge there.

Stopped in Bondi for a toilet break, and made our way back to the start via Bondi Junction at pretty solid pace, and then a twenty minute or so jog around the Domain to wind down, making the morning's effort 25.5k in 1:58:49, giving me 91k for the week. Would have been around 105 for the week had I not lost Monday, but I think it was a good call to take that day off.

A little residual stiffness after yesterday, but that was fine after the first few kilometres, and the hip was fine bar the fast downhill through Oxford Street where I was aware of it - didn't slow me down though. The orthotic in my left shoe moved a bit on the second part of the run, and there's a fairly sizeable blister on the arch of my left foot. I'll live.

1 Comments:

At 8:38 PM, Blogger Martin said...

Thanks for the profile Vat, doesn't look at all bad like that eh?!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home