Friday, July 22, 2005

Dark, cool and early

Sometimes I amaze even myself. Set the alarm for 5:20am, mostly for EliseS who wanted to walk first thing, but since I was late to bed (by my admittedly mediocre standards) I didn't bother laying clothes out.

The alarm went at 5:20 and EliseS murmured she couldn't get up. I flicked the alarm over to 6:20am and rolled over to go back to sleep - and didn't. I got up...

After stumbling around getting dressed, got out just after 5:30am and pushed through 10.32km in 50:12. I felt pretty beaten up through much of the run, but seemed to come reasonably good over the last 3-4km. Feel a lot better for having run it, especially since I'll have a nice cosy night on my arse in front of the cricket on the TV.

3 Comments:

At 10:09 AM, Blogger miners said...

Vat, I have to ask - did the alarm also go off at 6.20?

 
At 1:40 PM, Blogger vat_man said...

Yes, but EliseS was scheduled to get up at that time.

 
At 2:59 PM, Blogger CJ said...

See, by getting up and running early you get to veg out tonight in front of the telly watching cricket - there's got to be some pluses of getting up and running so early!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home