Thursday, July 21, 2005

Thursday - What would you call this session?

Another good run on public transport saw me arrive at Centennial Park at about 5:45. Got changed and hit the track for my warm up with a group of five, including Serge, Easy Tiger, Gary and Serge's father. We barrelled around 4.17km in 18:46.

I didn't feel particularly enthusiastic through the strides and drills, and had felt a little 'short of breath' all day - like I wanted to yawn. I seem to get this from time to time if I've been training hard, and it is a little fatiguing.

Planned session was 4k, a 6 min jog, and then 1k - it would normally have been 3k for the second session, but with the Sutherland to Surf on Sunday I had an easier session. I was looking for sub 10k pace for the first 4, and then something under 3:30 pace for the solo km.

Managed to get through the four in 14:18, with splits of 3:35, 3:34, 3:35 and 3:33. Nice and consistent, with a little extra effort at the end of the fourth lap. Felt I could have done another kilometre at that pace, which would have been just under my 17:58 5k PB. Pretty pleased with that.

Had a gentle little 5 minute jog, and then came to the last kilometre feeling a bit fired up. I got out hard early to ensure a clean run, and then duelled with Brightshoes (who, it should be remembered, was doing 3km) over the back half of the kilometre. I was able to put a bit of a surge on to beat him and run a 3:24.

Jogged through a gentle 3.38km in 18:52 (which was mostly chatting) to finish the session.

Another good quality speed session. I still don't have a significant kick, but basic pace is definitely coming along very well. I felt quite controlled through the four km part of the session.

Two easy days coming up, and then the Sutherland to Surf, which promises to be interesting, and fast.

1 Comments:

At 11:39 AM, Blogger Superflake said...

Good Session Vat. Great to see you are still holding your speed from earlier in the month, if not getting a bit faster. S2S should be a fun downhill race.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home