Monday, July 25, 2005

Core stability, and cruising on a Monday night

Schedule called for an easy 30 minutes, and I had intentions of doing it this morning. Alarm went for EliseS to do her walk, but I couldn't get up. So the evening it was...

I finally got around to starting core stability exercises. SW had provided a quite detailed list of exercises, two thirds of which I'd not heard of. Did some web research in the morning, and stumbed across the Brisbane Boy's College Cross Country Stability Training program, which had most of the exercises plus diagrams and descriptions, so I decided to follow it. Got a good short little session at lunch, and will build on that in the coming weeks.

Got home, and headed out at 5:45pm into a quite mild Sydney evening. I set the Garmin to go off at 15:20 as a signal to turn around (I always negative split) and made a point of just running on feel rather than to the watch.

Evidently I felt okay, as I sailed some distance past the 3k mark of my regular run with no sign of the alarm. Checked it and still had 30 seconds until it went. Got to the turnaround, and again just settled into a rhythm that felt relaxed and comfortable. The 2100s, which I've not been sure of, felt like slippers with great stability. Got home in 30:02, covering 6.54km in 4:36 per km pace. Never pushed, just focussed on good form and being relaxed. A little residual stiffness in the quads from Sunday, but that was never a factor.

1 Comments:

At 5:18 PM, Blogger Gnscon said...

Hehe, In that link they actually use "Lye" instead of "lie". Reminds me of a scene from Fight Club.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home