Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Since when does recovery include a cold?

I had intentions of running early this morning, but a combination of tiredness, the 'fresh' morning and the discovery that the reason I felt like complete rubbish on Monday was due to an impending cold saw me sleep through.

As such, I elected to run at lunchtime, knocking off 6.35km in the alloted 30 minutes, which consisted of a run from Fitness First at St Leonards to St Leonards Park, of which I did a couple of laps, and back again.

I had felt fairly stiff on rising, but on the trip to work jumped off the bus at Lane Cove and walked the 3km to St Leonards, which seemed to help get some blood through the legs and free them up a bit. I didn't feel fantastic through the run at lunchtime, but seemed to have good rhythm and form. I wonder how much of an effect the walk this morning had.

Felt pretty scrappy this morning at work, though. It'll be interesting to see how the cold progresses.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home