Thursday, May 19, 2005

Shortened 2k repeats

In anticipation of the SMH Half, this morning's session was simply a 4-5km warm up, 2 x 2km (first at 10k pace, second at 5k pace), and a 4-5km cool down.

I was very tired last night and hit the sack early last night. It was pretty cool this morning, and it took a fair bit of leverage to get myself out of bed. Up about 5:20am and decided to go down to the Bay Run, since it'd be a good punt Rotary would be both closed and waterlogged after the rain yesterday.

Got through a fairly quickish warm-up of 4.11k in 19:48, then 2 x 2km repeats of 7:38 and 7:32. Would like to have been a touch quicker on the second 5k, looks like I had a little lapse in the second half of the first kilometre.

Finished off with a 4.22k cool down in 20:22.

Reasonable little session. I didn't start the session in the best frame of mind - cold and resentful of getting out of bed, so to run close to my targets was pleasing. Just shows that I am slow on grass tracks...

1 Comments:

At 8:48 AM, Blogger Jen said...

The CR cheersquad will be cheering for you on Sunday Vat. I'm looking forward to (finally) meeting you. Good luck !

 

Post a Comment

<< Home