Monday, May 02, 2005

Monday, and another hour ten

Considering how much yesterday knocked me around, actually got up in reasonable shape and not particularly sore - just what on earth is in that Endura Optimizer?

I'll need to clarify with Sean Williams the deal with the warm and cool-down jogs is. It would have meant a two hour effort today, and I don't have time for that sort of training during weekdays, unless I'm running to work.

Got away pretty sluggishly on a cool, grey morning with a touch of drizzle, and shuffled through the first four km pretty slowly, heading east along Victoria Rd, through Huntley's Point and on the Hunter's Hill peninsula, around 5:20 per km pace or so. Stopped for a stretch and my pace picked up pretty promptly after that. I settled into around 5:02 - 5:03 per km pace and ended up running 13.87km for my 1 hour 10.

Ran in my 1090s with orthotics. The right foot wasn't so bad this morning and seems a little happier after the run.

Postscript: Clarified with Sean this morning that the 4-5k warm-up and cool down apply only to Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday runs, not the timed runs. That's a relief!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home