Saturday, April 02, 2005

Striders 10k - The Domain

Huge crowd on a gorgeous morning - cool but mild, with a clear sky.

Huge turnout of 310+ runners saw the narrow course get crowded. I was a fair way back in the back, and as a result got through the 2km in about 8:30. Managed to get that back under 4 min/km pace by about 4 or 5km, but it had taken a bit out of me, and with Canberra next week I couldn't see the point of flogging myself for a 39:59, given I'd drop the result at the end of the year anyway.

Came home in 41:07 or so. Reasonable hit out, I guess. I think the course was well beyond its capacity this morning, and whilst the course is scenic and central to the city, I have to wonder how much longer it can last whilst the Strider 10k series continues to draw the numbers it does.

Doesn't help when last minute course changes are forced on the club, too.

2 Comments:

At 5:21 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Gorgeous day here too! However, hoping that next weekend will be cooler....over 25 degrees in Mittagong today.
See you next weekend! LL

 
At 4:34 PM, Blogger Gronk said...

Best of luck in Canberra Vat_Man.

Gronk

 

Post a Comment

<< Home