Monday, December 27, 2004

Why recover when you can race?

Slipped out of bed just after 6:30, with the other half advising she was giving it a miss. Must have been half asleep, as I forgot my CR cap and nipple tape, and I can't say I was overly enthused about getting out for a hard 5km.

With lightning and a storm coming in from the south west, I arrived pretty much right on 7 to see a large collection of Coolrunners (around 40) gathered out the front of the Drummoyne Rowers. The rain opened up pretty much then and there, so most of us were gathered under the trees until the start.

I got away with the 19 minute group again, and managed 18:42, with quite even splits. I ran with Colin until just after the 3km mark, when Ross and Boof eased past us, and Colin went with Boof.

A five second improvement on last time out, with 52km in the bank from the weekend (the last 30 of which was pretty solid) was a pleasing result. I felt pretty good most of the way through, getting a little breathless through the last kilometre or so, but no complaints.

Added a 4.1km jog in 22:57 around the other side of the Bay Run chatting with fellow CRs, which felt almost as hard as the 5km challenge!

Tomorrow's looking a bit unplanned - we're heading up to a friend's place on the Central Coast. It's a bit hilly where they are, so I'll take the Garmin and try to sneak out for an hour or so. My partner's taking her running kit up as well - gets a lot easier to train when your partner runs as well...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home