Monday, December 20, 2004

A Sticky Jog

A cool morning, but with humidity up in the high 70s, this mornig's effort was a 6km, 30:49 recovery jog. I have a little bit of pain in the arch of my right foot that the podiatrist at Running Science in Rozelle suspects maybe a touch of plantar-fasciitis, so I will call Martin Horne at the Care Clinic just up the road from home and see if I can sneak in a pre-Christmas appointment. Kev recommended him on Saturday, and I know Action and Mister G see him as well.

I was chatting to Ray James after the SMC Half yesterday, and he made an interesting point about times relative to last year. I'm about 5 minutes up on what I was running the SMC 21k races last year (indeed, I hadn't broken 1h30m until April this year), so my speed has definitely improved. This bodes well for the Gold Coast Marathon project July next year. If I can maintain speed whilst building endurance in the lead up to Six Foot, I should be well prepared for a speed focussed lead-up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home