Wednesday, December 15, 2004

Wednesday goes L O N G...

I took advantage of my partner's interstate trip and dragged myself out of bed a touch after 5am. I'd packed my stuff up the previous night, so after feeding the cats I chucked my stuff in the car and drove to St Leonards.

I parked just behind the NAB in a prime all day spot and, just a touch after 5:30, began my long run. Ran along River Road, to Penrose Street, turned left at the Shell at Burns Bay Road and headed to the Gladesville Bridge. Did a bit of a loop there, over the bridge, through Drummoyne to Birkenhead, along the Bay Run (including a rep of Lilyfield Road) and joined Victoria Road just after the Iron Cove Bridge. From there, along Victoria Road to town via the Anzac Bridge, through Pyrmont and into town, along Hickson Road and took the stairs to the start of George Street. Got up on the bridge deck and crossed the Harbour into North Sydney, following the Pacific Highway to Crows Nest, where I turned left along River Road, took the first right after the railway line and got back to the car for 33.14km in 2h40m39.42s.

It was a bit scratchy early (the hills of River Road doubtless not helping) but once I got to Drummoyne I was going along okay. The climb on to the Harbour Bridge deck was a bit of a struggle, but heading up through North Sydney was good.

Nice to get today's mileage out of the way early. I don't feel smashed up now, so I guess my recovery from Six Foot is complete.

1 Comments:

At 10:20 AM, Blogger Eagle said...

Great tour of the inner west and lower north shore ! I was out around the Bay as well for 15k - it was a very pleasant moring - weather wise.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home